“Makes learning theory on the training courses so much easier and more fun”
What We Do
What is Speech and Language Therapy?
Children may need speech and language therapy for a variety of reasons.
You or school may have concerns about your child’s speech, language or communication skills. When your child is referred to N.E.W.Options, we will;
- assess their speech, language and communication skills,
- provide direct therapy tailored to your child’s specific needs
- devise SMART programmes to support children at home or in school
- provide advice and support
- write reports detailing your child’s current speech and language abilities
- review and monitor your child’s progress.
N.E.W.Options believe that sessions should be fun and motivating, as children make the most progress when they are fully engaged. For this reason, we use a range of different games and activities within therapy sessions to suit the individual child. We strive to support families and school staff in functional, practical ways, led by the needs and wishes of the young person and their wider network of family and friends.
- Pre-verbal/Early language skills (Attention and listening skills)
- Global delay (General skill development)
- Language delay/disorder (Understanding and use of spoken langauge)
- Phonological delay/disorder (Speech sounds)
- Stammer/Stutter (Ability to talk fluently)
Training packages for Education Staff
N.E.W.Options also offer training to educational staff to help develop their awareness, knowledge and skills in supporting children with speech, language and communication needs;
- Getting Involved – Supporting Children with Speech Programmes
- Getting Involved – Supporting Children with Language Programmes
- Getting Involved – An overview to stammering in your setting
- The Foundations of Phonics
- Working in Partnership – Speech and Language in your Setting
- Therapy Support Strategies – Integrating SaLT within your Setting
If you would like a training session focusing in more detail on a specific area, please get in touch. N.E.W.Options are always happy to develop training packages to suit individual settings’ needs.